This blog is an accounting of the odes, oddities, and O Deities of a world traveler. Here lies a bunch of things that I like about the world, random ramblings about those things, and maybe eventually a number of stories about the silly experiences I have had. I hope you might find some enjoyment in them as well.
- Ode to Water BottlesWater bottles contain things without spilling. Spills seem to be exaggeratedly huge tragedies in my mind right up there with […]
- Did you know: Angels and Devilsmost of the water from Angel Falls never reaches Diablo Canyon?
- In which I climb a mountain in Romania after reading about meeting a vampire in the mountains of RomaniaBetween my study abroad in Italy and my study abroad in Italy (but for Latin this time), I had to […]
- Did you know: Ice Skating Mysteryice skating might work by melting a tiny layer on the top of the ice, but we are not actually […]
- Ode to Lightning and ThunderLightning and thunder are supreme expressions of nature’s power. Lightning is overcoming the very considerable insulation capacity of air […]
- Did you know: Starsignyour birth sign is based on the constellation the sun is in front of when you were born?
- In which I pet my brotherThe directors of the Arboretum, where I spent a not-small amount of my childhood pretending I was an eagle […]
- Did you know: Goose? Barnacle?a medieval explanation for where geese went during winter had them turn into a kind of barnacle?